Creates a hotspot from a connected computer or device
- Category General
- Program license Free
- Version 2019.1.0.40045
- Size 9.38 MB
- Works under: Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
- Program available in English
- Program by Connectify
Connectify Lite is a new program that lets you turn your computer into a mobile hot spot for sharing your internet connection with other users in your house.
Using a hot spot is a great way to surf the web, check your email, and do other basic things. Buying a mobile hot spot can cost more money than you imagined, and many of those devices don't work as well as you would like. A hot spot lets you and other people share one mobile connection and surf the web with ease.
While Connectify Lite works just as intended, it does have a handful of issues. This is free software that doesn't work nearly as well as paid programs do, and the software will ask if you want to upgrade every time you run it. It also requires that you have a WiFi receiver on your computer and will only work devices that have a WiFi card.
Another issue is that it limits how much time you can spend online. While other programs let you create a hot spot and will keep the hot spot functioning as long as your computer is on, this one only lets others use that hot spot for 90 minutes. After 90 minutes, it will automatically turn itself off. You'll need to go back through the process of turning it on again. There are also some complaints about the lack of security available with this software.
For those who want to share internet connections and avoid using public signals though, Connectify Lite is a good choice. It works with a range of devices, including tablets, gaming consoles, and even phones. If your phone provider limits how much internet you can use in a month and charges you extra for going over, you'll love knowing that you can do everything you want to do without facing any charges at the end of the month.
Connectify Lite locates the network card in your computer and automatically creates a hot spot. You can save that hot spot for future use with a password and name of your choosing. Its basic interface uses a drag and drop feature that lets you easily select the files you want to share with others on your network. While it won't replace the router you already have, it can help in situations where a safe internet isn't available.
- Lets you share an internet signal with multiple devices
- Works with computers, gaming consoles, phones, and tablets
- Helps you save on your data plan usage
- Installs and sets up in minutes
- Automatically identifies wireless devices within range
- Requires a wireless internet card to find a signal
- Is not an alternative to a traditional wireless router
- More devices will slow down your internet speeds
- May not have the internet range that you want
- Only lets you use the internet for 90 minutes at a time